Monday, December 13, 2010

Crockpot BBQ Country Ribs

These were so yummy! They rekindled my desire to us my CrockPot more often. I pulled this recipe off of the 365 Days of Crockpot blog, which, I recently discovered, is written by a girl who lived in my Freshman dorm at BYU. You can see the original recipe here. Below is how I made them.

(Sorry I have no picture. Go to the link above if you want one.)

Crockpot BBQ Country Ribs

2 lbs boneless country-style pork ribs


1/4 cup red wine vinegar

2 tsp ground mustard

2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4 cup brown sugar

8 oz BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's because that's what I had on hand).
In a small bowl, stir together the vinegar, mustard, onion seasoning, salt, pepper, brown sugar, and bbq sauce. Place the pork ribs in the bottom or your slow cooker. Spoon the sauce over the top of the ribs and coat really well. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.

1 comment:

  1. I had submitted a comment earlier today but I guess it didn't go through?

    Anyway, earlier this week I pulled out some ribs from the freezer with the intention to find a new recipe to try using them. Lo and behold, you post this! No need to look any further.

    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete