Tuesday, April 6, 2010

More Granola


Maybe it's just the season for Granola, but my boys have wanted this for a long time and I finally got Cheerios on sale this week at Winco (.98 a box- Wahoo!)
I grew up on this granola. When I think of childhood memories and yummy food this is one that I will always remember. This isn't a crunchy granola. We eat it either plain, on yogurt, or mostly just pour milk on top and eat it like cereal. Yields over 15 cups.

10 cups oats
4 cups Cheerios
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup honey
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt

Mix well in a big bowl and heat in 350 oven for 10 min. Stir and heat another 5 min. Let cool and transfer to plastic containers.

You can add any dried fruit and a little less sugar, but I didn't have any this time so it's going to be plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment