Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pizza Crust

It's time for me to get back into this recipe blog. I've taken several pictures of my meals only to download the pictures and not put them on this blog. Sorry. I'll do better. :)
So for tonight, I'm sharing one of my favorite things. Pizza! No, it's not the healthy kind like Mindy's, but it's what pizza means to me. Cheese and pepperoni and grease. Only tonight, I'm only sharing the recipe I use for my pizza crust and you can decorate it as you like.

Pizza Crust

1 pkg yeast
1 C warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 TB oil
2-2 1/2 C flour (I use wheat flour)

Put yeast in a bowl. Add warm water. Stir until dissolved. Add sugar, salt and oil. Slowly add flour to liquid, stirring until mixture forms a ball. Pat ball until smooth. Rise 5 minutes. Bake at 450 degrees for 25 minutes.

I alter the cooking time on this a bit. I cook it on a pizza stone. I cook the crust for about 10 minutes before adding any toppings. Then put it back in the oven with all the toppings and watch for the cheese to melt and for it to appear done. It's usually done in less than 20 minutes.
On this particular night, we added spaghetti sauce (I'm lazy), cheese, pepperoni and olives.
YUM!

1 comment: