Wednesday, January 13, 2010

PW's Asian Noodle Salad

I love this salad. The best thing about it is that it makes you FEEL healthy just by looking at it!  So pretty!



Here's the recipe direct from PW's site:

Ingredients


SALAD INGREDIENTS:

1 package Linguine Noodles, Cooked, Rinsed, And Cooled

½ heads Sliced Napa Cabbage, Or More To Taste

½ heads Sliced Purple Cabbage, Or More To Taste

½ bags Baby Spinach, Or More To Taste

1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin

1 whole Yellow Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin

1 whole Orange Bell Pepper, Thinly Sliced

1 bag Bean Sprouts (also Called Mung Bean Sprouts)

Chopped Cilantro, Up To 1 Bunch, To Taste

3 whole Scallions, Sliced

3 whole Cucumbers Peeled And Sliced

1 can (about 10 Oz.) Whole Cashews, Lightly Toasted In Skillet




FOR THE DRESSING:

1 whole Lime, Juiced

8 Tablespoons Olive Oil

8 Tablespoons Soy Sauce

2 Tablespoons (up To 3 Tablespoons) Sesame Oil

⅓ cups Brown Sugar

3 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger Chopped

2 cloves Garlic Chopped

2 whole Hot Peppers Or Jalapeno's, Chopped

Chopped Cilantro

Preparation Instructions

Mix salad ingredients together. Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour over salad. Mix with tongs or hands and serve on a platter.

Note: dressing keeps for up to three days before serving, without cilantro.



Some notes: This recipe makes A LOT! I made it with the intent to eat for lunches this week. Also, I used whole wheat spaghetti noodles, and it is just as good. I didn't buy any fresh ginger this time, but I think I will next time.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that DOES look so pretty and healthy. I love how you went from posting brownies to salad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm. This is pretty. I can't wait to take this to a family party to show off my friend's recipe.

    ReplyDelete