Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Best Brownies EVER!

Does anyone else get the urge to bake on lazy Sunday afternoons? I do, but I won't unless I have an excuse. I can't have those yummy baked goods around because I have.no.self.control. I want the weather to get warm again so we can go on walks! And maybe deliver some goodies. Tonight, I think we'll pawn these off on the in-laws.

Brownies are the perfect alternative to cookies. I'll take brownies over cookies any day. Who wants to have to keep changing out the cookie trays anyway? :) Plus, what's not to love? (*channeling best Joey Tribiani impression*) Chocolate? Good. Sugar? Good. Edge pieces? Good.

You get the point.





These are the Best. Brownies.Ever. But you don't have to take my word for it. I got this recipe from the Mormon Mommy Wars blog. You can read the post here (it's all in the comments section). They are so good because of something to do with the sugar/flour ratio. Whatever. They're just gooooooooood.

Here's the recipe:

The BEST BROWNIES EVER.


1 stick butter

1 cup white sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

3/4 cup flour

1/2 cup cocoa

pinch of salt

1 TBSP vanilla

Melt the butter in a pan. Dump all the rest of the ingredients in the butter pan with the melted butter. Stir till combined. Pour into lined 8×8 baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Let cool 1 hour.

Yes, you do have to wait that 1 hour, at least. Trust me. Yummy.

3 comments:

  1. We always make Brownies on Sunday! I loved your Joey Tribiani impression. I totally got it. I can't wait to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything with a stick of butter is good! I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm. My mouth is watering! I don't know if I'd be able to wait a whole hour to let them cool. That's like torture!

    ReplyDelete