Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fuss-Free Fiesta Chicken

This is a recipe from Kenzie Richardson that most of us should have. I thought I would add it on this site for those that haven't tried it yet. It's a crock pot dish. I LOVE the crock pot and only wish I had more recipes so I could use it more often. It's so nice to be able to throw things together in the morning and not have to think about dinner the rest of the day. The hardest part is remembering to make it in the morning so there is enough time before dinner.
This is a yummy dish that makes a ton! Be prepared for leftovers.
Here are all the ingredients ready to cook.

And this is after 8 hours and after I shredded the chicken and added the refried beans.
Thanks to all of your suggestions, we tried those amazing uncooked tortillas. YUM!! Marty was in pure heaven. They reminded him of the tortillas he ate so much in Mexico on his mission. He told me I should buy these kind from now on. :)

Here is the recipe for the chicken:

3 chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
1 can black beans with juice
1 can corn with 2/3 of juice
1
can mild green chilies with juices
1 cup salsa
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can refried beans

In crockpot combine first 5 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Carefully remove chicken breasts and shred with 2 forks. Return shredded chicken to crockpot. Add refried beans and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately.

I also had purchased some avocados so we made some Guacamole and used Heidi Cole's recipe. BTW, thanks Heidi for sharing this recipe. We love it!! Brooklyn could drink the stuff.
Guacamole

2 avocados
2 Tbsp salsa
1-2 Tbsp fat free sour cream
dash garlic salt


Scrape out inside of avocados and smash up. Add salsa, sour cream, and garlic salt (to taste). Add more sour cream if you like it creamier.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a great recipe. I love the crockpot too, it does the work for you!

    ReplyDelete