Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Baked Ziti

This is Bailee's FAVORITE meal. She always asks me to make it. I made it last night and thought I'd share. It's another recipe with no meat, but I'm sure you could add some ground beef, chicken, pork, or whatever, to add a little more protein. I'm not a vegetarian by any means!!



8-12 oz package ziti noodles (also called Mostaccioli)
1 small container cottage cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup parmessan cheese
1 Tbsp Parsley
1-2 tsp garlic salt
Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
1 Can of Hunts Spaghetti Sauce (26.5 oz, I use traditional)
1 Can of Tomato Sauce (8 oz)

While noodles are cooking, mix together cottage cheese, eggs, parmessan cheese, parsley, and garlic salt. (Can also use fresh pressed garlic).
Layer in baking dish: sauce, noodles, cheese mixture, and mozarella. (two layers of each). Top with extra sauce, mozzarella, and parmessan. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until all cheese on top is melted.

1 comment:

  1. I have a Baked Ziti recipe similar to this but with ground beef so yes you can add beef. I'm excited to try this version though. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete